Have you ever had Salmon?

Not salmon patties put actual pieces of big fish? I was thinging about buying somewhen i go to the store but i have never had it so i am not sure how to fix it. Or how to season it. I always fry catfish but have no clue how to fix salmon. Do you bake it? Any recipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• bake it. My family really never puts anything on except the spices that everyone likes. Its really easy to cook. Sorry I can't be more help.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 12:35 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah you really got to watch it or it will dry out.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 12:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I fold it up in Foil like a little packet with Lemon and herbs. (Dill is real good with Salmon!) And bake it until it's flaky in the middle. (I can't stand eating raw meat!)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 12:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• smoke it. hickory smoke wood chips, put them in the girl till they turn to coals then stick the samon in there on a peice of foil its pretty good.
    Anonymous

• I'm in Seattle, so it's a staple around here. My favorite is to make a miso-brown sugar glaze. You just get some miso paste and brown sugar, and mix it up. It has a nice salty-sweet taste to it. You just bake it, uncovered, until the flesh is to taste-- most like it firm.

I also like to make a butter-dill spread. You just mash up butter and dill, spread it evenly over the fish, bake/grill with lemon slices on top.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My family prefers it grilled.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My mom always "chicken fried" it. She'd dip it in season flour and then pan fry it. It was yummy! I've also had it marinated in just lemon juice and a few spices and baked or grilled.

This past weekend we actually made Salmon Tacos. Here's the recipe for that!

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Buy your salmon (we just bought frozen and it worked fine for this) Marinate your salmon in fresh Lemon juice, Lemon pepper and salt pepper etc. - Marinate for at least a couple hours. Bake Salmon until the meat flakes off. Let cool and shred.

In a sauce pan saute chopped onions, minced garlic and olive oil until onions are transparent. Add one pint of whipping cream. Keep on Medium/High heat and stir for around 8-10 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt and a couple pinches of sugar. Pepper too. Take off heat . Add 1 TBLS of Lemon Juice and 1 TBLS of Lime Juice ( I actually think I"m gonna cut back on the lime a little) and as much cilantro as you like. Let cool.

Serve with shredded red cabbage, cilantro and limes. I also made spanish rice. Go easy on the sauce. It's kinda strong but yummy!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I serve corn tortillas with this instead of flour, but you can try whatever you like. Also since it was just me and hubby eating this, I just used two salmon fillets, but this is a great group meal. If using corn tortillas I'd figure 1 fillet per person (does 3-4 small tacos). We had most of the sauce left over and I had to throw it out because there was no way hubby and I could use it all between the 2 of us. I'd say the sauce probably makes enough for 15-20 tacos. (used lightly).

Nika75