True or False?

Does walking help your birth go faster, easier, less painful? I have heard this from a couple people that the birth was a lot easier...did anyone do this? Have heard this?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 12:38 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of that too. I can't help you though. They wouldn't let me walk around. I can tell you the tub did not help any.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Well I don't know if it makes it less painful. But it does help speed things along. I had all four of mine natural with no drugs and they made me walk.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 12:41 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's supposed to help speed up labor. I will tell you that I HATED walking whil ein labor. I believe my exact words when the nurse asked if I wanted to walk more (as I'd just come from the bathroom) were "WALKING IS THE DEVIL!!" lol I had a natural birth and the only thing that helped was to relax and breath. Best of luck :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:41 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I did the birthing ball...and I swear it helped! lol, I was only in the hospital for 2 hours before I gave birth, I was a 7 when I got there, after only being in labor for 1 1/2 hrs...and I was either walking or standing.
    Stay active and keep your hips open.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• and like the other Mom said. BREATHE! and don't fight your contractions.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:45 PM on May. 20, 2009

• ty :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:48 PM on May. 20, 2009