I'f flying with my 2 month old, any advice?

I'm flying from Nashville to Salt Lake City. Any one have any advie for taking my baby with me. I'm pretty nervous!!!!!!

BrittAlva

Asked by BrittAlva at 12:55 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At that age, it should be pretty easy. Just don't be nervous, because babies can sense when we are nervous. Stay calm and relaxed, and get a Moby wrap for going through security. Best thing ever when flying with a tiny baby.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I just flew with my son, he was 7 weeks at the time. The airlines are great and you can take a stroller and car seat all the way to the gate with you, which helps. I dont know if your nursing, but I nursed him going up and coming down, which really helped his ears, he didnt fuss at all. The only other thing that really helped was I got one of those baby carriers (the one that looks like a backpack on front) and used that to carry him around. They dont make you take it off to go through security, so that gives you hands free. I still took the stroller and put all our stuff in it so I had him in the carrier and just had to push a stroller. It really went well. Good luck!
    Zachsmom7

Answer by Zachsmom7 at 1:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Putting everything you need to change your baby in a zip lock bag makes it really easy for when you're changing the diaper. That way you only need one hand to pick it up. Also, I brought disposable changing pads to lay on the table and then put a blanket down on top of them so it wouldn't get dirty, and then my son was more comfortable and didn't move too much.
    Anonymous

• Dont be nervous! It wond be as bad as you think. Here is my trick. Right before you board the plane do a quick diaper change. There isnt much room in the airplane bathroom. Try to hold out of feeding as long as possible before you get on the plane (your gonna have a fussy baby at the gate but its better than on the plane) Then once you start to take off feed your baby. The combination of eating and the sound of the engines always puts my kiddo to sleep. Good Luck!
    JennO2

Answer by JennO2 at 9:01 PM on May. 20, 2009