Baby wont lay down

My little one is 10 weeks today and had been doing great lying down for naps and bed. But a week ago he started this where he will fall asleep in my arms, I lay him down and within 5min he wakes up screaming. Every Time! I have tried a swing, which gives me a little longer, but not much. If I hold him he will sleep for hours, so I know he is tired. I dont know if he is being a stinker and this is a phase, or if something is bothering him. Any advice?

Zachsmom7

Asked by Zachsmom7 at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probably just a phase, but could last a while. Are you still swaddling him before he falls asleep? Have you tried a Moby wrap? Do you co-sleep? Some moms make a tape of their own voice softly speaking or singing. I hope you get some more replies!
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would definitely still be swaddling if I were you. (if you are not) Because that gives the baby a little more security, as if mommy is still holding him... It's hard at that age because you don't know if something is bothering them. Is he a gassy baby?? Maybe try giving him a little massage before nap, to get the gas out... Good Luck. It may just be a phase, so try these things and if they don't work, be strong!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 1:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I dont really swaddle him, because it makes him mad. I bought one of those swaddling blankets that has Velcro, but he has always hated being swaddled since he was born. I do think it is partly gas related because he is really gassy and he has been having some issues with throwing up. But If he sleeps with me he will sleep, it is just when he is alone, like in his bassinet or swing. I dont know if I am encouraging his behavior by letting him sleep with me, or if he is just a baby and needs the reassurance.
    Zachsmom7

Answer by Zachsmom7 at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Can you wear him in a baby sling? I used the front one with mine and it helped a lot. I could still move around, they were held close to me which helps with the gas, and they could hear me talking softly and my heart, just like when they were in the womb. Eventually they out grew needing it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:40 PM on May. 20, 2009