What does stressing do to my unborn child?

My baby's father and other's stresses me out sometimes...its my first child...help me what do i do?.....i try to avoid it sometimes

miss.chi

Asked by miss.chi at 1:02 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A whole lot of stressing can cause you to lose the baby. When I was prego with my first I was under severe stress and was watched everyday for a month due to the high possibility of losing my baby.

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 1:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was so stressed with my first. My husband was deployed for the entire pregnancy. He is in a combat MOS, so he wasn't some pencil pusher. I was evicted from our apartment because they were converting them to condominiums, so I had to do a move by myself. I also worked my entire pregnancy at had to deal with a witch that had been there for thirty something years. If I had to leave for an appointment I would work late, or through my lunch to make up the time. She still bitched, insulted me on a daily basis, and even made me cry on a few occasions. I had to be on bed rest for the last weeks of my pregnancy, because of blood pressure. I also had to be induced a week early, I don't think she was ready and ended up being in labor for forty-two hours and then needed a c-section. She came out fine though. She is smart, and healthy!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:10 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think that constant stress everyday can cause a problem but once and a while stress probably wont be that bad. My in laws are hell i dispise them all all they do is cause drama and stress. i hate it, so im only around them for one day a week and thats only for a few hours. my husband on the other hand is causing drama because his family is putting pressure on him and hes taking it out on my. i talked to him and for an hour a day when hes raound we cuddle.. no phones no family talk nothing just us. believe it or not i feel so much better after that. if you need to talk message me.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 2:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• With my son his father was physically and mentally abusive and it put a lot of stress on me, when i went into labor and they broke my water there was maconium in the water. I didn't get to hold him for 4 days because they had him in a breathing helmet and on antibiotics because he inhaled the meconium. He is perfectly healthy now but i will never forgive his father for what he put me through. The only thing you can do is ignore the people who stress you out or try going for a walk when you are really stressed. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I am not sure of the answer to this but I can completely relate! I had an anxiety attack last Friday because I was so stressed out and felt like I wouldn't be ready in time for our new baby girl. I wonder what stress and anxiety does to unborn babies too... Any answers out there?
    OpalMa

Answer by OpalMa at 3:59 PM on May. 20, 2009