How can i get my twins to not want to hit me in the tummy? im 7 months prego and cant stop the hitting.

the one one that is doing it has had a big attitude fro the past almost year and i cant get him to calm down a behave.

TinkTwins

Asked by TinkTwins at 1:07 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can try putting an ice pack on the spot he is kicking. I would do that for my daughter and she would move away from the cold. Other than that, you just have to deal. I am sorry!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:12 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I put my twins in time out for hitting. They went through a phase when all they did was hit a few months back (they're 2 1/2). Consistent time outs helped curb that behaviour. (It also worked when they were younger and biting but for that I had to do a holding time out). Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Though I have no experience with twins, what works for my son is when he hits me or anyone else I say "Ouch, you hurt mommy!" and pretend to cry, then say, "what do you say" and he will say sorry and kiss the area he hit. It seems that after a few times of that, he rgot a little bit of empathy and realized that he didn't like being hurt, and he didn't want anyone else to feel like that either
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 3:26 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Well, you left out a huge factor which is the AGE of your twins.

But all ages aside, this is an obedience issue and they need to be disciplined, especially for doing something that could cause you and/or your baby harm.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Have your husband talk to them unless you want to go into preterm labor like I have twice already from my 4 yr old hitting me in the stomach!
    lattemom1

Answer by lattemom1 at 12:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Get your Mommy face on. You've got to perfect it now because with another one coming, they'll take over! What I did is when my child hit me, squat down, hold their wrist firmly, but not so tightly as to hurt them, and say very firmly "Do NOT hit me".  I never spanked them for hitting because I think hitting them back for hitting me is not sending a clear message at this age.  It's the look in your eye. It needs to say, If you ever hit me again, I'll rip your arms off of your body. 

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 12:10 PM on May. 21, 2009