how many moms knew that the webkinz your children like to play with online, (your total account) expires after one year and are totally unplayable online unless you BUY another one for $15.00?

webkinz is playing on our children's heart strings in hopes we buy another stuff animal(we all need of course) to keep your child's account active. I called them personally and let them know this was unethical and they didn't care at all. I was unaware that all of their animals became null and void unless another purchase happened by the end of the full year of play for the most recent animal registered. if you're like me. you think once it's registered, it's registered for life, and should be. this is a terrible thing to do to a young child, especially in this bad economic time when most parents are trying to afford their mortgage, not another webkinz to keep their child from crying. I was curious as to whom actually knew the "rules" about this company and for future buyers beware. if your child isn't old enough yet they will want or receive a webkinz for a birthday party and then the fun begins. good luck!

jacki42

Asked by jacki42 at 1:18 PM on May. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I knew when I bought the first one. It's in the fine print when you sign up for the online gaming.

There are free gaming sites for kids out there, such as Club Penguin, which is ran by Disney. There are a few others but that's the only one coming to mind at the moment as its the only site my 7 year old is interested in right now.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My kids don't have these but their cousin has one. I'll mention it tomorrow night to see if they knew about it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yup. If your kid lets you get away with buying just one webkin they weren't interested enough to play with them for more than a year anyways. About two years later my boys interest has dropped off dramatically. Every now and again they check back in and we're good for at least another 10mo so by then they'll be over the phase.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 4:55 PM on May. 21, 2009

• yup i knew it. Oh I do not think webkinz is a US company. I have a few webkinz and my dd has a few. Mainly because we love the animals. I have a turtle and a hedgehog.My dd has a Frog and a clown fish. My fiance has a reindeer. I would think they have an eagle now so I would love to buy it.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:54 PM on May. 21, 2009