in general....

why are women on so disrespectful towards each other? there is so much disrespect towards moms on here and as well as public figures?
How would some of these women feel if it were coming back to them?

ssnelson26

Asked by ssnelson26 at 1:18 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think we're raised in a culture that pits women against eachother rather then teaches them to work together. Everything in the media we're exposed to from an early age pushes us to be the prettiest girl in the group, the smartest girl in the group, the most popular one.

Rather then measuring ourselves against ourselves and our own achievements we are taught to measure ourselves against eachother in a very antagonistic way.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• yeah, regardless of how we are raised there is pressure which I know makes me feel like- if she has it then I can't get it- so I'd better beat her down...

it's a "not enough happiness to go around" mentality.

I try to be respectful of others all the time and pride myself on my ability to see all sides of a given situation- but I am also guilty of having those feelings beneath the surface.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think its more of a jealouy thing and they never really learn how to deal with it. and me i really don't judge moms on here and in real life, cause i don't like to be judge but if they don't like me so be it i don't care there is alot of people in the world
    Anonymous

• Too many hens in the hen house. All pecking to be #1.
    Anonymous

• you are so right about that anon!!!!!!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 4:10 PM on May. 20, 2009