• In the Spotlight:

worst mom ever...

ok i feel horrid and feel like the worst mom on earth.. under sooo much stress and what not and my baby is teething i got so mad at her trying to pinch me and that and wouldnt stop fussing when i was changing her or sit still that i swatted her but a lil nothing hard but she cried then i cried cause i felt so bad.. shes 7 months and wasnt her fault and i just feel horrid and dont want her to hate me for it :( :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's just a baby. You aren't the worst mom ever, we've all been there before. When you start to feel overwhelmed, put her somewhere safe, like her crib, and go into another room til you feel calm again. It happens to the best of us.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• she will not hate you for it she loves more than you know!!!
    proudmomwifey

Answer by proudmomwifey at 1:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• She won't even remember. I think every mom on here, if they would admit it, has done something like that. You're at a hard point of being a parent, cut yourself some slack. I would be more worried if you didn't feel bad. That would mean you didn't care.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• : teamquinn-ill back up what u said! i admit i did that before!! so if you (op) are a bad mom i am too! lol ... teething is soooooooooo hard to deal w/! but its something we go through ... and we're gunna get mad , but u cant help getting mad! i thought for a while my son only teethed when i was tired or sick lol ... think about how i felt ? haha ... ur fine! shes fine! her gums hurt she knows nothing but to cry!!! just try to make her feel comfy w/ it! ur doin good !!!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• no you arent the worst mom ever, but if you have that urge again, calmy and gently put her in the crib and leave the room to give yourself a few minutes to breathe
    Anonymous

• first off, i dont wanna come off as a mean person, ur not the worst mom ever, you only did it once.. but i can honestly say, my son was 2 mths when he got his first 2 teeth, so that means, he was teethig at one month and hardly everrr slept! i was sleep deprived, i had a cesarrean, but ive never as much yelled at my son. they feel tension and know when you are angry. it may just be me, because i was never touched as a child.. but hitting a child even barely spanking is not the best way 2 start off parenting, u are the only person the baby will trust enough to be comforable with.. no she will not remember this, it will def haunt you more then her, but its just the fact of the matter... dont get me wrong im def not a perfect parent, i went 2 blocks before noticing he wasnt buckled in his car seat! but have never got frustrated with him, hes a baby... doc says youll never no what it feels like to teeth it WORSE then childbirth
    Mom_2B_On122408

Answer by Mom_2B_On122408 at 2:12 PM on May. 20, 2009

• awww, i bet she cried n reached for you.
    she'll 4give u:)

sounds like you need a break... when baby is dwn for a nap, treat yourself to a snack, and sit back in relax in a hot bath with a book or some of your fav music.
    Im sure you wouldnt hurt your baby intentionally. i can tell because this is breaking you up.

StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 2:25 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I know the feeling. I am going through the same thing right now!! My baby girl is teething, and I have a two year old son. So when I am having to give the baby attention because she is teething, my son wants attention because he feels left out and his father is at work. There are times that I am so frustrated that I want to rant, rave, and yell at them, but that doesn't get me anywhere. My son doesn't understand that i need to be left alone, but I can at least put the baby down and walk away for a few minutes and TRY to avoid him for a time so I can become calm again and deal with my daughter's screaming.
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 2:50 PM on May. 20, 2009

• dont feel bad it was just a tap so that she can understand what you wanted her to do. you were trying to get her attention. she cried yes but not because it hurt its because you did something she was not used to you doing. she just got a lil scared. she was probably thinkin what did she just do. so dont feel bad you did nothing wrong.
    youngmommyat19

Answer by youngmommyat19 at 3:12 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You are not the worst mother, you didn't beat your child, BUT if you don't control yourself and THINK your baby is 9 months...seriously?? No one not even a mom that spanks can advocate that...she has NO idea why you struck her just that you did, you caused your child pain and she has NO idea why....

Take some time out, even if it means taking her to a sitter or family member, don't strike your child because youa re frustrated....

In the long run this will only teach a child that hitting when frustrated is the answer...not that she can learn this now, but stop while you can....
    Anonymous