WOULD YOU EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM YOUR OFFSPRING LIFE IF THEIR LIFESTYLE WAS A HOMOSEXUAL ONE?

I HAVE READ A LOT OF COMMENTS FROM RELIGIOUS LADIES HERE THAT IF COMFRONTED WITH A GAY CHILD THEY WOULD LOVE THEM BUT SINCE THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH THE LIFESTYLE WOULD NOT TOLERATE IT. DOES THIS MEAN YOU WOULD DEPRIVE YOURSELF OF SHARING YOUR LIFE WITH THEIRS?

Asked by older at 1:30 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'm Christian, and I don't feel its wrong to be homosexual.

I would definitely not exclude myself from their life. They're my child and I will love them regardless - it would take something much more serious than loving someone for me to cut them out of my life.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think it'd be grossly unchristian-like to cut off some one just for doing something you don't like.
    Jesus teaches forgiveness and acceptance and tolerance above EVERYTHING else. I think frankly too many Christans forget that.
    Anonymous

• ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I love my daughter and never would exclude myself or her from my life...ever, no matter what. as long as the person she chooses treats her right and loves her then thats all that matters to me.
    Anonymous

• It's not right at all and the Bible says so in the New Testament, but I would not exclude myself from their life. I wouldn't allow it to go on in my home though, and I wouldn't attend the gatherings that promoted that behavior. It's the behavior you shouldn't like, not the person.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I love my kids!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• ANON, IF YOU REFUSE TO ATTEND FAMILY GATHERINGS, YOU WOULD BE EXCLUDING YOURSELF FROM THEIR LIVES. THE BEHAVIOR IS THEIR LIFESTYLE!!

Answer by older at 1:39 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Im not christian.
    My child will be loved and accepted no matter what.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No, I would not exclude them from our life. Just as God is always there calling us to Himself, I want to be like that with my kids, no matter what choices they make.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:45 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I love my children very much, and if they happen to be gay, so be it! A person doesn't chose who he or she falls in love with. I would still love them unconditionally, and I would accept their chosen partner as part of my family so long as they treat my child with the same love and respect that me and my DH treat each other with.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would not exclude them & would always love them but they would know that I don't agree with it. I feel very strongly that it is against my belief. It's the same thing as my daughter being a prositute. She knows I don't agree with it and that neither does God but she also respects me enough not to flaunt it in my face. It is her life to live as she please and I accept that but in the same way she understands that I won't compromise my belief for her.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:01 PM on May. 20, 2009