What are the basic traits somebody has when they are suffering from bi-polar?

I'm sure there are a lot of factors and everyone is different, but how do they generally act? I have a friend who changes from day to day? I don't know whether she wants to kiss me or bite me! Is this a sign of bi-polar disorder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lIZAFUR13 your wrong and right-
    Bi-polar runs in my family, cycle sometimes 3 times a month-manic to manic depressive, however my sister (who has been hospitalized MANY MANY times) can Cycle sometimes 10-12 times a day-
    She will go from happy to sad in a second, Angry to Glad-PISSED OFF to ripping her hair out in SECONDS-
    There are three levels of bi-polar 1st, 2,nd, and 3rd degrees, 3rd usually is associated with skitzophrenia along with the normal cycles that all Bi-polar people have.
    If you TRULY believe she is BI-polar I would talk to her about it, dependng on how bad it is its usually harder to live a normal life, I.E keep a job, boyfriend, Friends....Pass classes in school or stay in school-concetrate on more than one task-
    They often spend all there money on silly thngs during a Manic period (like buying a car, or a cell phone the cant afford) and attempt more than once to end there lifes.
    COnt
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• mm im bi-polar . i have 800 different moods a day i swear! when me and my bf talk about something i bring up other things that pissed me off that day ... umm , its honestly like pregnancy mood swings 24/7
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You have to be really careful with this subject because an awful lot of things get lumped into the term "bipolar". It sounds like your friend may just have a rotten personality, and believe me, there are plenty of those around.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My sister is bipolar and I think but research it first because I am not sure, that most are very manic meaning that they do not change from day to day but several different times during the day.

My sis will call me and bitch me out, then about ten minutes later call me crying and apologizing. *sigh I know she can't help it but it gets rather tiring.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:13 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I LOVE YOU I HATE YOU..ya its not a day to day thing but it occurs more frequently.you dont know the persons personality from one minute to another.i always thought my brother was bipolar.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:32 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No no no. You ladies need to do some more research. Bi polar isn't just mood swings that change ever few minutes or hours. It's classified as a few weeks to a few months of "highs" and then suddenly weeks or months followed by extreme lows. Usually nothing has to even happen to trigger these highs or lows.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:41 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Only real way to live a normal life is medication-
    if her symptoms are server enough and she has a hard time keeping jobs she can get social security to help her live day to day....
    Bi-polar is something I think all people should be educated on, because its the new "excape goat" for our children these days- "oh they have an atttude, they MUST be bi-polar" its the new "ADHD"
    its only been something studied for the past 10 or so years but the medication is HIGHLY effective when taken everyday to level our your brain chemicles.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:58 PM on May. 20, 2009