Could it be twins?

So my last ultra sound was when i was 6 weeks and 5 days...I am almost 14 weeks now and i'm showing quite a bit..My mom says i may be having twins but if i was wouldn't they have been able to tell at my last ultra sound???

jordanc5234

Asked by jordanc5234 at 1:35 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom thought that too. I have my 20th week ultrasound next month, I guess I will find out for sure, but yes, sometimes it can be twins. my best friend had twins, and she didn't find out until 24 weeks, sometimes the other baby can hide. it's very possible. Otherwise your just popping out early, every women is different. I was told from my doctor when I was about 7 wks that it was gas and water weight. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Everyone thought I was having twins around 12 weeks cause I was so big but when I had a sonogram at 13 weeks there was only 1 baby. I'm 28 weeks 6 days now but I'm measuring 32 weeks so he's either big or I'm further along yet. They will do another sono if I'm still measuring big at 34 weeks. Some women show quick so that could be it as well. Good Luck with everything.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 2:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's possible.
    However I only had one child, and I was showing quite a bit by that time too. Every woman is different, but it is likely!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:24 PM on May. 20, 2009