What would you do if your 13 Daughter constantly says>>

I don't care, I don't want it anyway, why do you always get upset about little things, mind you she didn't come home from school and tell me where she is going to her this is little, Failing in School is little?? What can I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm sorry I don't really understand what you are asking.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• How can I stop her from constantly Mouthing off, talking back, to start caring about things around her, and her room being neater-not perfect but a little more organized, stop teasing her sister, fighting with her sister.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like time to take her to a counselor. The first thing I'd do is take away her privledges until she starts acting right. If she's already acting like that at 13 I don't envy you at all for the next few years. I would try to nip it in the buttt before it goes any further.
    Anonymous

• Homeschool her!
    Anonymous

• i highly doubt homeschooling is the answer. its called being a teen and wanting to be unruly. smack her butt when she acts out and take her stuff away.
    SxyPanamami83

Answer by SxyPanamami83 at 2:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Well she very well honestly think that it's not a big deal in her on 13 YO mind, but you have to practice putting your foot down and disciplining her because YOU DO KNOW BETTER. Hopefully she will get the point and understand eventually. And even if she still doesn't really 'get it' you have to teach her that weather she understands or not, she has to respect your rules.
    felicia0923

Answer by felicia0923 at 2:39 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Tell her that if she doesn't straighten up, you will go to her school every day and sit with her. Be prepared to follow through. It's easy to fall into the trap of not following through with punishments because it's hard on you or it makes your child upset but in the long run failure to follow through with threats just creates a little monster who has no boundaries. I don't know if that's true in your case though. Only you know if it is. Just something to think about...Good Luck!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 2:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Talk to her,and listen,13-15 is very hard years for kids,most of them are very good kids, but, just don't know where they fit in at school or home,sometimes,we as parents can make it worst,when, we start being negative. I wish you well.
    Anonymous

• OH, my, Where to begin?! First, sit down with her and ask her what is at the bottom of her problems...that may take a while. If she is just acting like a brat, I would strip her room down to nothing but a mattress on the floor and two changes of clothes. She has to be respectful and do as she is told, without being mouthy, to get her stuff back. She is getting too old to spank. I would also have her on a chore chart in a heartbeat. She needs responsibilities in the home. Teach her how to cook, do laundry, vaccuum, etc. If you have a special talent, (i.e. painting, sewing, knitting, etc.) share it with her. Show her how to do it and have Patience with her. You'll end up having the daughter you always wanted! Talk to her like a young adult...because that is what she is. (Coming from a mom of three wonderful, teenaged daughters!!)
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 8:31 PM on May. 20, 2009

• threaten to send her to military school...or boarding school if she doesnt start behaving...actually get the brochures and stuff and leave them around pretend your making arrangments and that should scare her straight...but if that doesnt work after a few weeks then maybe you need to really send her...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:46 PM on May. 20, 2009