how old should my daughter be before i let her shave?

my daughter is 11 and she keeps asking me to shave her legs. i don't remember how old i was not that that would be relevent. she has already gone behind my back and shaved once that i know of.(like i wouldn't be able to tell!!)

ccwidder

Asked by ccwidder at 1:41 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think I started at 12.
    If she wants to do it I don't really see anything wrong with it personally. It's probably something she's very self conscious about (maybe some one made fun of her at school?)
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine was 12. I went by how much hair she had. She's a tom boy and never asked about it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My mom wouldnt let me but I did behind her back at 9. However I was VERY hairy and got made fun of. I think you should go by the amount of hair she has and how visable it is. And also watch her and teach her how to do it without getting cut or causing in grown hair.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:44 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I couldn't shave my legs until the 7th grade.
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 1:44 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It';s a girlfriend thing hun let her shave. My daughter was 11 when she started. Hey , she started her period at 10. And unfortunately today the girls are cruel if they would see hair they may comment and it's swimsuit season coming up.
    Onlygodknowswhy

Answer by Onlygodknowswhy at 1:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Let her shave. It won't hurt anything and may keep her from being embarrassed. At the very least, if she is hairy, then it's time for her to shave.

Answer by Bmat at 1:48 PM on May. 20, 2009

• umm whenever she has hair? ... thats when i did it lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Another option is to let her use NEET or those kinds of things.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• If you think it's ok for her to shave get her one of those electric shavers, a lot of times they won't cut you, some adult complain about them because they don't cut a smooth as a regular razor, but that would be perfect for a starter.
    brandikay

Answer by brandikay at 2:12 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was twelve, when my mom gave permission. I had a friend who's mother would not let her until she was 14. She had really dark brown hair and get teased a lot! `
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:31 PM on May. 20, 2009