how about this!

The Mosuo tribe of China have a completely matriarchal society.They practice what is called "walking marriages".A woman gives a man a signal to tell him he is chosen for the night.In the morning he returns to his mother's house.She may choose the same man night after night,or another of her choosing.Any children born of the unions are raised by her brothers.The children's father is home raising his sister's children.They have the only known picture-based language used today,and have no words for murder,rape,or war,and they have no jails.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I get the point...And I think thats a cool system for them...ignore all the uptight prudes...Go Himylayan women!!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Hmm, interesting.
    Anonymous

• nifty
    Anonymous

• ok, and your telling us because? Feel free to go live there if you would like. To be honest i like the way we get married here! and that we choose to be faithful and those that arent get whats coming to them.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• ? I was just pointing out that there is an alternative lifesyle that these people live,and it is relatively free of violence! I wasn't bashing traditional marriage! What's with the negativity?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I like it!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• sounds pretty cool! though strange...LOL...to me at least :)
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 3:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i think the children should be raised my both parents who fathered or mothered a child not other family members. although we don't do that very much as well with teenage births, dead beat dads etc. also if they are giving their bodies up to several men a week month and yr then they are sluts. imaging the number of std's there. scary.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:54 PM on May. 20, 2009

• though interesting, not for me =]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:56 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No STD's,this is an isolated village in the Himilayan mts.! The point I was making was the Matriarchal society made them violence free! When women called the shots,chaos was averted! Geez! Everyone is missing the point!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:23 PM on May. 20, 2009