cats and allergies??

when my son was about 3 months old a lady i've known for years babysat him, he had been going there for about a month and ended up getting sick and having to be hospitalized due to breathing problems, the lady has cats, me and my husband both are allergic to cats, could my son be allergic too? i stopped taking him to the lady ever since that happened, but i cant afford anywhere else and i trust her with my child, he is 6 months now and he is taking ZYRTEC allergy medicine every night, will this help him not have allergic reactions to the cats?? the lady always keeps her house clean and has an air purifier for him now.

trl30

Asked by trl30 at 2:06 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)

• He sounds like its allergies...if u had to take him to the hospital I would find someone else to watch him...is it ok for a 6 month old to take Zyrtec?
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• its liquid Zyrtec, the bottle says for 2 yr olds and up, but the doctor told me to give it to him everyday.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 2:26 PM on May. 20, 2009

• If that's enough to help with the allergies then he should be ok as long as he doesn't have any reactions to kitty. Just keep an eye on him. My dh is allergic but he takes meds if he needs and they're not allowed in our room or babies room. You'll just always have to keep an eye on him. Good luck!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:33 PM on May. 20, 2009