do you assume people are a low class just because of the way they look?, meaning cheap clothes, old car, messy hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Not low class but I do assume low income
    Anonymous

• Have you seen the way some actors and actresses dress. Crazy!
    Anonymous

• it really depends. sometimes i just get vibes. like if people wear sweats i don't automatically assume they don't have money. i love wearing sweats. everywhere. but if you look dirty like you haven't showered it kinda makes me think less of them. i know it's kinda judgemental and may not be the case at all but that's always what pops into my head.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:17 PM on May. 20, 2009

• no. I mean they had the money to get that car and clothes, and maybe they were too lazy to fix their hair. as the other said, not "low class" but maybe they dont have a lot of money, and/or could care less as long as they have clothes on their back and a working vehicle to get them from a to b.
    Anonymous

• Class isnt determined by what you wear or how much money you make...It determined by what kind of person you are and how you treat others.
    Lilcountrygrl86

Answer by Lilcountrygrl86 at 2:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Nope because I work in commercial real estate and one of my tenants own an investment company and he is a billionaire..he wears torn jeans, beat up sneakers, old clothes, etc.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I don't i worked at a hospital for over 8 years and One of the doctors drove an old car.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Not necessarily, by the way they look. It is more about the way they act. Someone can be low income, but still carry themselves around well and not draw attention to themselves.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You can be low class with a ton of money. Class is based on how you act not how much money you have.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:23 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Class has nothing to do with being famous. It's like old money and new money. Old money families don't see new money families as being the same class as them.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:29 PM on May. 20, 2009