Friends

Anyone have friends that drive them nuts? I think Im too nice. Had a friend for a long time but we don't live by eachother and haven't for years. Everytime I see her she drives me nuts and now she wants to visit me. She won't with the flow and centers everything around her. I have my dd to care for and this friend wears me out! I honestly don't know how to get out of her visiting? how do I get myself into these situations?
I could give you a hundred examples of her behavior, but the worst part is she is stuck in the past and needs to grow up. She uses a baby voice and whines and will say, "You know me I only go to mexican rest. with white Queso, you know this about me" Then i end up driving 30 minutes out of the way while she talks about how she cant believe my dd is so whiny and she is finding it difficult to have a conversation with me...uh maybe because we are now 45 mins late to dinner and she is being ignored!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Decisions, Decisions, If I were you I would try to stop seen her. Don't return her calls.
    Anonymous

• It sounds as though she isn't a friend now. It may be time to let her go. Take longer and longer to respond to her calls and emails, have something else planned when she wants to get together. Consider before doing this though about losing someone that you've been friends with. A friend is a treasure, and if like her more than dislike her, maybe you could figure out how to still be friends.

Answer by Bmat at 2:23 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Maybe you need to tell her, that her going against the flow, messes up your flow. You can keep rolling your eyes at her & putting up with her child like behavior, or you can tell her "NO, you cannot come this time. I can't warp my schedule this week to accommodate to your needs".

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:23 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i know what you mean! me and the girls were having a night out and my 2 friends and i were gonna meet our other 2 friends at the club but they insisted they drive out to my house and we all go together which is totally out of the way. they get to my house an hour after we were supposed to leave and they are both already drunk...which is when i realized they only wanted to go together so they didn't get pulled over for drunk driving. so my plans have to revolve around them because they are irresponsible. i thought moms behaved better than this....
    Anonymous

• hmm been there,i bet she has a nice blue pond in her front yard that she can see her reflection and see how wonderful she is...(narcissist.)sp) ya dont answer the phone or when you see her be like "well you know me(meaning you)i can only eat in restraunts that begin with the letter w..lol
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:26 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I agree that you should really consider ending your relationship. I have a friend and in the begining I was a horrible friend to her. She was so annoying, her jokes made no sense and she has some less than appealing habits. I find her less annoying now. She is a great friend and someone I know will always be there for me. I treasure our friendship, although she still has gross habits and her jokes still don't make any sense! lol
    When she calls to make plans with you and you don't want to do it, tell her that that won't work for you. If she presists or asks for a reason why tell her how stressful and inenjoyable the time was when she complained about your dd's whinning and that dd had every reaosn to be whinning.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:03 PM on May. 20, 2009