Setting baby down

my 4 mo old cries and fusses if i set him down. He wont play by himself at all, unless I'm holding him. He has a jumpy chair that he'll sit in, but only if I'm right, and I mean RIGHT, in front of him. when he wants to go to sleep he cries while i hold him and bounce on an exercise ball until he just passes out, then I put him down, and when he wakes up and realizes no one is holding him he starts wailing. i talked to his dr about this too see if anything is wrong, and he couldnt find anything and said its his personality. Anyone have any idea how to deal with this, as you sould imagine I am fed up!

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 2:19 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hes spoiled and has armitis lol , id have to say the oly way to cure that is, just elt him scream but i cant satnd when my lil ma (5 months) screams, thankfully as spoiled as he is, he lovess his own space, and rally dont like to be touched .. est of luck! or maybe try a playdate... let him know theres more ownderful things out there then being held!
    Mom_2B_On122408

Answer by Mom_2B_On122408 at 2:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Try swaddling him nice and snug in a cotton baby blanket. My daughter LOVED this and slept so soundly when she was swaddled. Good luck!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 2:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• A 4 month old is not supposed to be able to entertain or sooth on their own. When you have a 4 month old you pretty much can't do anything unless you are holding them or they are sleeping. Invest in a sling or other soft carrier, that is the best "cure".

Studies show that the more you hold your baby in the first 6 months, the LESS they cry in the second 6 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:34 PM on May. 20, 2009