Does anyone have an effective treatment for severe eczema?

AMBUG01

Asked by AMBUG01 at 2:25 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Health

• I've read extra virgin organic coconut oil helps.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, my little boy had eczema and I used a probiotic called Bifidophilus Flora Force and I also applied Pau D' Arco Lotion topically. You can put take the capsules by swallowing them or in something cold. I ended up putting his in some orange juice and using an electric hand mixer to mix it better he thought this was great and drank it right down. I've found out now that you can just open it up and put it straight on the tongue because it tastes sweet. Hope this helps. Email me for the ordering site.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• cocunut oil and Lavendar oil, just one not both
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My landlords pediatrician told them cortizone cream 4 their 6mo old. I haven't seen a dry patch since!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 3:00 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Cortizone for an infant? Not a chance! Eucerin lotion is great; coconut oil is also great, though expensive.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Aquaphor works great!!! I stopped using the steroid creams that the docs prescribed for my son and used the Aquaphor and it worked better. My cousins have severe Eczema and she also uses Aquaphor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on May. 20, 2009