I always color my hair brown with red tones, but now I would like to change and have my hair just brown, how can Itake the red out?, I want to do it at home!

my natural color is dark brown with some grays

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• red is the hardest color to put in the hardestr color to take out. i would recomend a salon for this one, but if you really want to do at home. make sure u get ash tones...and go back to the color wheel. green is oposite of red, so ur gonna want something with a green base. really read the box. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:56 PM on May. 20, 2009

• anything that says golden or strawberry or mahogany are all in the red family. So basically if you chose a at home hair color, go with a permanent hair color that has no reds in it. Do not use a volume adding shampoo this opens the hair follicles up and makes the color fade faster. Try a shampoo for color treated hair. Good luck if you have any more questions let me know!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:17 PM on May. 20, 2009

• my batural color is brown with red tones just dye it dark brown
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• There is something that I always use that works really well when I highlight my hair. It's actually called Red-Out... I always get it from Sally's. It just a lil small tube of stuff that costs about 1.00 and you only use a few drops, so it lasts a long time... but you wash the color out of your hair, and then you put a few drops in the palm of your hand and you rub it in real good, and let it set for about a minute then you wash it out... it's always worked really good for me.
    Hope this helps!!
    ryrysyf

Answer by ryrysyf at 11:12 PM on May. 21, 2009