Advise for a first time mom with a second time husband and & 13 step son?

I am 21 weeks pregnant with a baby boy and looking for help/advise. It seems like I’m struggling with this being my first baby and all the worries and I don’t knows, and my husband is being calm and cool, and saying don’t worry. Plus, he has a son who is wonderful, but I know has mixed feelings because he was hoping for a little sister.

Joesy

Asked by Joesy at 2:36 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He just doesn't want to be replaced as his dad's "son". I'm glad he's wonderful. I remember that little boy in the news that was jealous of his dad's gf's pregnancy and he woke up one day and shot and killed her and the baby in her sleep. I'm sure the odds of that happening again are slim
    Anonymous

• What's the problem? It all seems so normal to me. Your husband has already been a father, therefore,he is going to be more calm than you. You can't expect him to hide his experience. He's been there, done that. You can't change it. As for his son, well it is going to be extremely different for him, but if you let it all go as it happens, it will all fall into place. You can't make anyone do anything they don't want to. Let it happen naturally.
    Anonymous

• Your stepson is going to amaze you as a big brother :)
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 3:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Then you guys try again...silly girl

Congrats on your pregnancy and don't worry about a thing it will all work out just fine just relax and enjoy the moment it will go by so fast.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:33 PM on May. 20, 2009