the lottery

Every now and then i will but a lottery ticket. Like the $1.00 one. And every now and then i will get a scratch off. the $1.00 or $2.00 one. And when i do, i am like i so hope i get my $1.00 back. But there is this one man that is always in the store. Everythime i go in for gas or a drink or whatever he is in there scratching away. And i was behind him one time and he buys the $20.00 and $50.00 scratch offs. I was like OMG, how does someone do that. If you scratch that thing and get nothing you just blew $50.00. Granted i don't know he may have plenty of money , but i could never make my self hand over a $50.00 for a scratch off knowing i may get nothing back. Could you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No way! That's insane.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I mind as well start giving it away because either way nine time outta ten I won't see that money again. Must be nice.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My uncle played the lottery everyday for a year. Scratch offs everyday and $5 on the lotto twice a week. Keeping track of his spending he figured out that he didn't even break even on the scratchers including his lotto wins. OP I can't imagine spending that much money, but then I can rarely make myself spend the one buck.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My hubby's cousin won almost 700,00. You never know...............
    Anonymous

• I see it all the time. I had several regulars who would blow through a couple hundred dollars a day. They have the money though and have hit the big one several times which keeps the up or even.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 3:10 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't spend that much. But when I was in NYC my husband and I bought a $10 scratch off right before exiting the subway station. When we got to our hotel I scratched mine and won $1000. It was awesome. It paid for most of our trip. It makes me want to buy more, but I don't because I know I was just extremely lucky that day.
    Anonymous

• My husband just bought me a $30 dollar scratch off for my birthday and then $20 worth of $2.00 ones. I was so mad at him because I couldn't believe that he did that. Well in total I ended up winning $52.00 but nothing on the $30 ticket and $50 on a $2.00 ticket and $2.00 on another $2.00 ticket.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:18 PM on May. 20, 2009