Did you ever cry in front of your kids?

Not because of Sad things, because there is so much going on at once. Like a melt down- I do once in a while am I the only one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've done it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Hell Yeah! My kids are grown and I still do it. You have to, or you will go insane!!
    Anonymous

• Yes it is ok for them to see emotions are normal
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I cried this morning in front of my 3 year old, but it was because of the woman on the Early Show with the animal shelter. She asked me why I was crying and I told her because the lady loved animals and gave them a new home. But that wasn't your question I see. Um, I think I have cried because I was stressed and exhausted and she asked me then too, why I as crying. I told her that sometimes people get sad and that it's okay to be sad sometimes.
    myfirstloves

Answer by myfirstloves at 2:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I have! My husband and I try to have our "discussions" behind closed doors but in the last 11 years I've had a few meltdowns and my kids just wonder where the hell it came from. you're not the only one :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:54 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, it just shows them that we're human, and that it's ok to let your feelings out. I always tell them I'm ok, and I'm sorry, and it's not their fault.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I've cried for different reasons in front of my son - happy tears, sad tears (after reading a book, no less!), frustration. I always explain why I'm crying, too, so it's not a mystery.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yeah, but my daughter is only 17 months old. She is just realizing when other people feel sad.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm sure that I have before...it shows them that we're human beings with feelings. Nothing wrong with it.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• yes i am a crying maniac.very emtional.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 6:05 PM on May. 20, 2009