What are the Medicaid income Guidelines for a family of 5???

So there are 4 of us and I'm 14 weeks pregnant, and I did an online application for Missouri HealthNet and the guy called my husband and said My kids wouldn't be covered because they already have Anthem insurance that we pay for but I might be because I'm pregnant but does anyone know the income guidelines for a family of 5? My Husbands checks vary week to week but they're usually $1000 a week b4 taxes So do you think we make to much, Right now since I don't have insurance I'm paying out of pocket which is about $600 a month to pay for Doctor visits and For the Hospital and Delivery it's a total of $4,700 and that has to be payed a month b4 my due date and another $900 for lab work and I'm not sure how much ultrasouns will be but If I could get any help from medicaid, it would be awesome because we are hurting for money right now! Thanks for any info

Mamamegan

Asked by Mamamegan at 2:55 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just go into the office and talk to a case worker. The guidelines are different if you're getting insurance for kids and then insurance for a pregnant woman. They are usually more liberal with pregnant women, because you absolutely need medical care. And if nothing else, search the internet for maternity insurance. Maternity insurance is usually kinda cheap, depending on who your provider is. Best of luck, honey. (P.S. I would tell you the income brackets, but I live in KY, so I'm sure the cost of living is probably more in Missouri.)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would definately go talk to a case worker. I know that the guidelines vary. Why are you not on your husband's insurance? Just a question. I know that they will need paystubs and ask you a bunch of different questions because my SIL used to be on Medicaid and so did my other SIL before she married my brother.
    Anonymous

• You could google it.. I found this

http://www.medicaid.alabama.gov/documents/apply/2B-Qualifying/2B_Sobra_MLIF_handout_2-1-09.pdf
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:21 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Sorry I didn't want to go as anonymous on that the box was already checked for some reason.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My husband doesn't have insurance, Just my 2 kids do through Anthem.
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 10:40 PM on May. 20, 2009