How can I build credit.. I have NONE

Im 31 have no credit. cant get a credit card or a bank loan. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you cant get a credit card or bank loan I would assume you have credit, but I would also assume its bad-
    Credit card agencies tend to offer credit cards to people with no credit as to build up the score- If your 31 and have had an apartment, electricty, cable, cell phones, internet, anything of those things in your name that all gets landed on your credit history- it gets judged on your inablity or ablity to pay-
    providing you paied on time, or mostly on time for all your bills from 18 to 31 (including medical) your credit should be half way decent?
    I got a credit card at 18 and every month I would get Ihop for me and the girls, a full tank of gas and a shirt or a pair of shoes- making sure that it was less than 200- than at the end of the month I would pay it off RIGHT AWAY- in 2 years I had great credit!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• oh ok ya true. I have no good credit! Correct.
    Anonymous

• There is no such thing as good credit vs. bad credit its just credit- it ranges from 0-795 I think-
    o being better than 20, but 20 being WAYYY bad compaired to 795 get it?
    MIne is 570 which isnt great- actually its on the bad side now-but I still can fix it!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Try a secured credit card that you have to have a bank account with, in case you don't make your payments. The only problem with them though is that they usually are pretty high in the fees and don't give you much of a credit limit. But they do report to the credit bureaus and if you pay on time, it helps build good credit.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 5:23 PM on May. 20, 2009