Irritated after Making Love- What Helps?

Okay probably not Aroused or lubricated enough for an eager DH. What can help that raw icky feeling? Plus each time urinating it burns. Anything helpful? TMI & A delicate Question but Wow I'm uncomfortable!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Health

• you might have a uti. go to a doctor
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 3:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I have really sensitive skin, so I have this problem sometimes too. I have told my dh that I need lube no questions. We don't always need it but he knows, if we do, then we do. It is not that I am not turned on enough, it is that my skin is sooo sensitive.
    There is nothing to do, but give it time. I usually feel better later in the day.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Are you using condoms,or anything else latex? Using birth control that contains non-oxyinol 9? Or is the lube you use glycerin based? These are really big reasons women get irritated. I know because I did too Theses were the first questions the Dr. asked me. Latex allergies or sensitivities, allergy to the spermicidal(you would be shocked at how many are) will cause exactly what you are describing. Glycerin dries out quickly and gets sticky actually causing more friction and micro-tears in and around the vaginal area. Think about the things you are in contact with and rule out these possibilities first.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I have the same thing happen and it feels like someone cut my insides all up. Nothing to feel weird about asking. A cool wash cloth helps me too cool down the area sometimes.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:25 PM on May. 20, 2009