Do you often make your kid (s) late for school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Today was the first time all year. UGH. I changed two poopy diapers and got ready to head out the door and both babies were poppy again. So there was another round of changing. We were about 2 minutes late.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I did but my dd's school gives detentions after 10 tardies and they are really strict about it...they have to be sitting in their chair so she has been walking in when the bell rang and gotten a tardy. Now I just her there 5 mins early atleast so we don't have to worry about it. I was freaked that they would give a1st grader a tardy when its not her fault, but it works!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My nephew is in kindergarden and after 5 tardies they give after school detention to the kids. I think at age 6 its the parents fault NOT the kids. Its an hour after school.
    Anonymous

• They are still in daycare, but no. If they are late to sign in, it means that I am late for work. And I'm never late for work.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 3:13 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No. I had them up earlier than most kids so I could make them breakfast and get them out the door to the bus stop. I am always early for appointments,everyting. I'm obssessed with being early. LOL. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I had to sign a truancy form for tardies. ( he was tardie 8 times) He is also speacial needs child but, guess thats NOT considered. And this is being like 2 mins late 5 etc. NOT being very late. I think its crazy!
    Anonymous

• Nope I do not make my kid late she makes herself late.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 3:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I have to haul her out of bed every morning to get her started, but once I do, she's ready on time or she's on that bus missing whatever she left behind. Let me tell you, she's rarely forgotten her sweater (or in one remarkable case, her shoes) twice.
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 3:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I do sometimes but often it's traffic... I live in the middle of nowhere and my kids go to school about 45 minutes away from home so it's a struggle sometimes getting there. But my son has to do lunch detention if he's late more than 5 times I always feel bad!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My son is late for school quite a bit. He's in jk. They don't make a big deal about it and they know we'll be late, almost every day but no more than 5 min. Some days it dosen't matter if I have the kids up before the sun comes up we still can't get out the door. Everything is ready to go all they have to do is put their shoes on and coats if needed. A squabble almost always breaks out, someone has to go to the bathroom or need a diaper change. Madness happens and I do my best. Thankfully we're not the only one's srolling in late, or the latest.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:36 PM on May. 20, 2009