When you get married, you save the top part of the cake, store it in the freezer, and then eat it on your one year anniversary. Right?

Wedding, cake

Asked by lilmel1694 at 3:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, that is the tradition. The cake usually tastes worse then the box that it is stored in. If you use an air tight tupperware and seal that with a large may taste half way decent when you open it in a year. good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If you can, yes. We had a one layer dinky cake so we didn't. But it's a cool idea.

Answer by p2of9 at 3:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes. Imagine our surprise when we opened our's & it was NOT our cake, lol! It was topped with a whipped cream topping & that is not what we had! It didn't look to appetizing to eat anyway.

Answer by gaamom at 8:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We still have the top layer of our cake. We've been married for 7 years now. Now it's too gross to eat, and my husband has a hard time letting go of it.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, you are supposed to do that. But, we were lucky and the people we used for our cake made a replica for us. It was part of our package. I would maybe see if the bakery you used would do that for you.

Answer by coolmawmy at 9:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, you are supposed to do that. When we got ours out of the freezer it smelled bad. I ate a tiny bit of it though just because it was tradition.

Answer by Sillieguze at 10:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It is tradition. Of course you do like we did, store it in your parents freezer, have them bring it to where you are going and then forget it there.

Answer by jennmarie77 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, that is and my husband did, and it tasted NASTY! So we bought a SMALL cake and had

Answer by hotmama4284 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• That's what tradition says... most cakes won't hold up in the freezer. My cake lady said to eat it one one of our monthly "anniversaries". We were going to eat ours for our 6 month anniversary (b/c we moved across the country right after our wedding & my in-laws were supposed to store the cake)... but then we found out that my MIL and FIL ate it. They were like the GURUS of tradition... and they were like "OH, we didn't know you wanted us to save it." UGH!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2008