my two year old wont listen

my two year old will not listen when i tell her to get up and go potty she screams and pitches a fit. its getting ridiculous Ive tried time out the corner, time out in her room alone . Yelling at her, i don't know what else to do. she is fully potty trained but during the day when i tell her and her dad isn't here she wont listen, but if her dad tells her she will go right away. its stressing me out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't know if your against hitting or not, but id give her a little smack on the hand (just enough to let her know you mean business). i do that with my son if nothing else will work, and it works every time
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Join the club. lol
    My daugther and I are still working on potty traing. I hope you get great answers. I'm trying a 27mo and 16mo at the same time. If I set my son on he potty with his diaper, he's fine. but as soon as I take his diaper off and sit him on the seat, he cries and won't stay seated. BOL
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• shes just being horrible, she only does it when daddys at work, my hubbys in the military idk if its she misses him cuz he in and out all the time, but she just will not take me seriously
    Anonymous

• I know with my DD everything is a fight. It is so stressful. My DH is also downrange. But I know this is just her. I give her a choise like pick up your toys or stand in the corner. Thats it I say when your ready to pick up the toys then you can get out of the corner. She has good and bad days but I am very firm and very strick. Getting dressed is get yourself dressed or I will do it. You can try a sticker chart some kids do better with positive reemforcement(this works well for potty training with DD she gets a stciker for PP and poopy(candy sometimes)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Never spank over potty training issues. Ever.

If you are very consistent with time outs or any discipline, it will work. It will not work within the first few days, or probably the first few weeks. It takes a lot of time. However, you need to be consistent. Yelling is not effective. All it teaches her is that she needs to be loud to get the result she wants. I think yelling is worse than spanking. Yes, we have ALL yelled at our kids, but does it work long term? No. Let's be honest. We yell when we're pissed, and can't figure out what else to do. :) Yelling isn't discipline.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My 9 and 8 yr old girls don't so din't expect much from a terrible two yr old
    lattemom1

Answer by lattemom1 at 12:07 PM on May. 21, 2009