do teenage fathers have to pay child support?

grandmommie209

Asked by grandmommie209 at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i would think if they are the father then yes, it is only fair.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• yeah they do! if they are under 18, or 17 in the state of Texas, their parents have to pay it.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Most states if the teenage father doesnt have a job or is in school full time than teenage fathers parents pay it until father is "of age"
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• If they are under 18 their parents get to pay the child support until they become legal adults. I would think that that thought would be a good detterent for any parent of teen boys to make sure their sons stay away from sex until they are personally old ennough to financially take care of a child.
    Anonymous

• I bet his parents will be paying. I can't see a kid making enough money to pay and I bet legally since he is under age, the parents are going to be responsible. This is why its so important to have a serious,thoughtful talk with kids about love,sex and responsibilty befor they are 11 or 12. Now days they get too much influence and suggestions from the
    Anonymous

• I really don't know, my DD grandmother supported her,not because she had to but, because she wanted to,also, he gave as much as he was suppose to,I can't see the court letting some young jerk make a baby and than don't support it,he would just go make another baby and let his parents support that one too.
    Anonymous

• I think child support tends to be based on income regardless of what the court mandates. Blood from a turnip you know. Just watch out for back child support.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• if hes under 18 his parents have to...when he becomes 18 and if he doesnt have a job then he wont have to until he gets one and then theyll take it out of his paycheck...atleast thats how it is in California
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:43 PM on May. 20, 2009

• In alabama, he doesn't have to pay a dime until he turns 18.. Then has to pay back child support from the months before.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• YES UNTIL THE REACH THE AGE OF 18.

Answer by older at 2:15 PM on May. 22, 2009