Please I really need help with sons behavoir any suggestions?HELP!!!!!!

My son is 7 and very large for his age I started himm on meds awhile ago(which I didnt want to do but it helped)and for the last month or 2 he has gone backwards It never use to be in school as much as at home and in the stores but now its gotten worse in school he throws the phone chairs(I have contacted DDD but no funds)Etc.... at stores he yells in peoples faces as we walk by them.I always said that Im not gonna keep him isolated from going out but I think Im gonna have to keep him home.PLEASE ANY SUGESTIONS?????I would of written sooner but I just found this page(im not good on the computer)Thank you everyone.IHave a great nite

Bigguysmomma

Asked by Bigguysmomma at 3:38 PM on May. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Perhaps keeping him home just for a while until the meds get regulated might help. Sometimes kids can't control themselves when out of the comfort of home. I know my grandson does much better at home than anywhere else. We quit taking him out to stores (he's 8) until his meds were helping him. He's doing fine now.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You should get him into a Doctor. You need help on this one. Whatever med you have him on now is not working and the Doc. will need to take a look at that and decide what further needs to be done. However I would get this done asap befor he hurts himself or others.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 3:44 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Have you taken him to a psychologist? He is probably misdiagnosed and on the wrong meds. Sounds like he has anger issues and aggressiveness which needs to be addressed in a medical setting. I'm not a great pusher of meds but if he can get on the right ones and it helps with his behavior then so be it. My son was diagnosed with ADHD years ago and it took a couple of different tries with different meds but we finally got the right one where he is not a zombie but it focuses him enough to have mostly good days and calms him down to where he can enjoy being a kid. Good luck.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 3:47 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Perhaps get him away from a medical doctor and to a psychiatrist? If it is a mental health issue, a general practitioner will not have the expertise to handle it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:09 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Absolutely you need to get him to a psychiatrist, not a pediatrician. Keeping him out of school is probably a very bad idea.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 4:57 PM on May. 20, 2009

• He might need therpy as well as medication.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 7:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I have a son that is 7 and having some of the same problems and did not know what to do either i tried meds for a short time but they did not help. I think that doc jump to add to quick and not explore all options on what could be causing the problems. i stared home schooling him this year and it is helping i found that when he is with a large group of people his problems get worse. try looking at other medical problems other than add that he might have. ashley

momof3boysoro.

Answer by momof3boysoro. at 11:50 PM on May. 21, 2009