At what age did your child go on thier first grama sleep over?

my sons 8 months and its my SOs 21st birthdays and he wants to go out. is it too early to have a grama sleep over?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 3:44 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not too early. If grandma is up for it then go for it!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• it's ok as long as you trust her. My son has sleep overs at my sister's house when I feel like having a break.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:47 PM on May. 20, 2009

• no....my dd went to my mom's when she was 2 weeks old...we were so tired and sleep deprived that we needed the sleep...if your son goes to grandma willingly he'll be just fine..and even if he doesn't he'll be fine...he'll warm up to her and do good.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:48 PM on May. 20, 2009

• haha i sent my ds to my moms when he was 6 days old.... i dwas soo tored and wanted to spend time with my 1st ds.... as long as you know the person and know theya re taking care of your child there is nothing wrong with it
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:56 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My husband's son was about 8 months or so when he had his first sleep over with Grandma. My daughter is 15 months and still hasn't, but she has some separation issues. I did have my sister stay over here one night so that my husband and I could do dinner and a movie and get some sleep.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• For me, that's too young. It's all about what you are comfortable with.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:31 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It depends on what you're comfortable with, and how your child will react. If he has nearly daily interaction with grandma, then it probably wouldn't be too difficult for him. Neither of my children have ever slept over without me. That's my preference.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My daughter was 6 months old when she 1st spent time at her Nani's. Her twin had surgery and she was with Nani and Gramps for a couple days. She did fine. THey have spent time there since and they love it. But like everyone said it's what you are comfortable with.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 8:23 AM on May. 21, 2009

• All my children spent the night over my mothers house form infancy. My mother and I are very close and there isnt a doubt in my mind that she's capable of taking care of my babies. Even my youngest, who had open heart surgery and has severe food allergies spends the night at grandma's regularly (he's now 11 months). On the other hand, its only been recently that Ive allowed him to stay over my MIL's house. She's the type of person who think sshe knows everything and will not abide by the rules we set down (no bottle when putting him down for a nap or the night or she thinks she can "cure" his food allergies by giving him a bit of what he's allergic to at a time). Like pp's said, it all about what you're comfortable with and if you trust the grandma. Go with your gut, it doesnt often steer you wrong in cases like these.
    Tarinia

Answer by Tarinia at 8:54 AM on May. 21, 2009

• My husband's best friend is having a surprise party next month and we're both hoping our DD can stay the weekend with her grandma. She's been watching her a couple times a week so my DD is comfortable with her. If she's well-behaved and sleeping somewhat ok through the night by then (she'll be 4.5 mos) then I'll go, but if not my DH will go by himself.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:58 PM on May. 21, 2009