bonding with baby

did u bond with ur baby right away or did it take time? if u didnt bond right away how long did it take for u 2 bond with ur baby? my 1st i bonded with right away and my 2nd and 3rd it took longer idk why it felt like i didnt know them like i did my 1st

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it took me a while for me to bond with my baby. once my milk came in, it hurt waay to bad for me to hold him (i was bottle feeding not breast feeding) so everyone else had to play with him and feed him and all that while my milk dried up. once it did though, i was good to go. i had the baby blues for a while too. once those went away, me and him were (and still are) inseperable....to an extent mind you.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 3:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I had an emergency c section and they put me out. when i woke up I had a baby. it was really weird, lie it wasnt mine, and then i was expected to let thisstranger suck on my nipple? It took about a week, once I quit all my pain meds, my mom left, and my milk came in.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• With my first, I had post partum psychosis. She took a few months. However, with my second, it was instant. Now, I feel close to both of my girls.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:02 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I had a c-section due to breech and worried about this, but I was able to breastfeed immediately and feel that bf'ing has really helped us bond. She was colicky for the first 8 weeks of her life and that made it hard to bond (how can you bond with a screaming little demon?) but once she started smiling and laughing, I started to feel really connected to her. Now all I have to do is think of her little face and I know we have bonded as much as I thought we would.
    Anonymous