should i have canceled my wic appt?

after i asked if i was abusing the system i felt compelled to cancel my wic appoitnment for today and cancel the assistance all together. the lady on the other line seemed confused but said she would cancel it if that's what i wanted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How about this then since you did cancel. Wait it out like you said and see how you are getting by if at all. If you aren't getting by are just making it, then make another appt. People still work and can qualify for WIC.

Anonymous

• badstupit

Anonymous

• Depends....are you abusing the system? There isn't anything wrong with being on assistance if you need it. I think most people are bothered by people sitting on it for long periods of time instead of trying to help themselves. We all need help every now and then.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2009

• If you weren't abusing the system, you shouldn't have canceled. If you were, you made a good choice.
    Anonymous

• how were you abusing WIC? I have it and I want to know how you can abuse it.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Why did you feel you were abusing it? Was it because one of these moms told you that you were being "lazy" and "expect the gov't to take care of your baby"? Ignore them. If you need the help. then you need the help. Don't let these women keep you from getting the assistance you need.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Did the lady from WIC ask you if you where abusing the system? Or did someone else? Anyways? I don't think you can really abuse the system when you are on WIC. Also if you need it go for & don't cancel.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• And WIC is only for a 5-year period maximum, so it's not like you'd be on it indefinitely.
    Fallaya

• OP here...my dd is three and we get ebt i feel like we can make it without wic..please elaborate a bit more than just, "stupit" or "stupid"..
    Anonymous

• Even with what I said on the other post, I DON'T think you should cancel your WIC appointment. Just be honest with them, and see what they say. Simple as that.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 4:09 PM on May. 20, 2009