How can I help my kids to handle this.

Yesterday I went to the store and on the way there were kids flying down the road on bikes, anyway, when i got over the railroad tracks they cam flying over the bridge. I knew I couldn't avoid them so I stopped my vehicle and the child ran right into my vehicle. There were witnesses to this. Now a few kids know what happened and at least two of them have harassed the girls about it already. There was nothing I could do to prevent this. How do I help my girls handle the harassment. I don't know how to handle this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• is the child that ran into your car ok??
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Do you know who the kids are? I would call their parents, and explain what happened. I would then tell the parents that their children need to stop harassing your children over something THEY did and YOU desperately avoided.

Unfortunately parents aren't always aware of what their little "snowflakes" are up to! Glad everyone is okay though!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• The child was okay, she got a broken leg out of it. The thing is kids are ALWAYS on this bridge. Just before she ran into my vehicle she narrowly missed a motorcycle. A few witnesses saw. I do know one of the girls but not the other.
    Anonymous

• ahhh. Its life. Thats what I'd tell them. That people sometimes suck and are mean and all you can do is ignore them and live your life in spite of them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:35 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Can you find a way to turn this into a learning experience? Maybe you could work with your kids to start an educational campaign in your town to let parents and kids know about this danger.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was thinking about doing something like that but I have no clue where to begin. I guess I could begin with the principal of the schools.
    Anonymous