How am I supose to react

ok my ex husband who we were going to get remarried and we have a 10 month son together past away in september. Well My older sister who we are very close is going through a rough time she doesnt want to her three kids or her husband any more just told me that the reason why she is so depressed all the time and doesnt want her family is because right before my ex husband past they were talking about leaving each of there love ones and run away together which i do not believe because my ex husband love me very much and I know that so what am I supose to do about my sister why is she trying to hurt me so bad why is she bring my ex husband into her problems how do you look at your little sister and tell her that you were in love with her exhusband and if he wouldnt of died they would of ran off together... Do I have the right to be mad or what i dont know how to react to this stuff any more help please

kandist

Asked by kandist at 4:20 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow. I can't follow your train of though. Put it into sentences and maybe I'll be able to answer. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• im confused...
    Anonymous

• U & ur ex were gonn re-marry. Then he passed (sorry 2 hear that). Now, ur older sister has told u that she was in love w/him & is now depressed cuz she & he were supposedly gonna run off 2gether. Correct? That's what I'm getting. & u dnt kno how 2 handle it. Honestly, I would have 2 just distance myself from her, sister or not. U need time 2 grieve. I have no clue, even if that were true, y she would even bring that up in this time of sorrow for u. Selfishness? Sorry u r in that situation & if u just need an ear...msg me.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 4:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would distance myself also. How mean of you sister to say something so awful like that to you. some sister she is. I think you have every right to be mad at her. She would be helping you through this not making it harder even if she did want YOUR man. I would be pissed and not want to talk to her. thats just me though.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Possibilities 1- Your older sister did in fact have feeling for your ex.
    2- Your older sister and your ex were having an affair
    3- Your older sister is totally lying to you and confused about life due to her depression.

No matter what it seems to me that your older sister does not have your best interest at heart and has caused you a lot of pain over this. She should be at your side helping you through this time of grief, instead she has compounded it with her own issues.

Take time for yourself to heal and deal with your husband's death before continuing any type of relationship with your sister, this will let her get her sh*t straightened out too. You will be able to see things better when you aren't in the grieving stage.
    haston

Answer by haston at 5:27 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Sometimes things like this doesn't come out till something happens to one of them. I'm so very sorry but unless she's always liked to hurt you I don't think she's lying. I'd ask her for some proof of their "love".
    I have a friend that was having an affair and he was a friend of hers and her husbands and she fell to pieces when he died and her hubby was as a lot of what to do and finally she told him (which was selfish of her). Sometimes they need to say it to feel better, but to eitiher of the spouses is just selfish to do.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:01 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I am sorry honey. You will never feel fulfilled because you will never know the truth and cannot get it off your chest with him now that he is gone. That is really low of your sister. I dont think I could ever trust her again.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 6:47 PM on May. 20, 2009

• She went to my ex mothers in laws and told her all of this and that for the a last five years she has been breaking us up because she couldnt stand to see us together my ex mother in law told her to leave her alone because she knows that my ex husband was in love with me and has bo business lying to me to hurt me so bad
    kandist

Answer by kandist at 1:14 PM on May. 22, 2009