Forced to eat own spit up?

My SIL just had a baby boy and isnt wasteful about ANYTHING. When he spits up on the burp cloth, she puts it back in the bottle and says its a waste. I think its disgusting, and maybe a form of chid abuse. should i say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would tell her that is child abuse. Making a child eat their own spit up/vomit, is abuse. How stupid. I can't believe someone has even THOUGHT about doing that. That is not only disgusting but degrading. Ask her when she throws up after eating, if she would like to eat it?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• yes. she is forcing her child to eat vomit. it contains stomach acids that can damage the throat. she is a sick person, report her if you have to.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think that is really gross. Would she eat her own puke? I think not. Ask her.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 4:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• That is wrong, she sure the hell wouldn't eat her own puke. Yeah that is child abuse.

Anonymous

• That is NASTY! Give her a copy of the book "A child called It" maybe that will get her to stop. (the mom in that book makes her child eat his vomit too)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:32 PM on May. 20, 2009

• that is wrong i personally would say something i would do something she is gonna make that baby sick
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• wtf! thats ridiculous. theres stmch acid in spit up that cld make her ill
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 4:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• That is so disturbing!! If I saw something like that going on I would definitely say something!!

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 4:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, you should say something. Why doesn't she eat her own poop? It's really wasteful to flush it down the toilet.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2009

• that is awful. ask her if she vomits if she is going to eat it again so she isn't wasting food. you need to say something to her or to her significant other if there is one.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 5:05 PM on May. 20, 2009