An issue with my boss

My boss is 32 and her boyfriend is 60. That's not the problem. She has been with him since she was 17. It is a weird relationship. He has been married this whole time until last year. She was obviously a young little homewrecker. She said they once got into a fight because he went with his WIFE a few years ago to get this.....their son's wedding. So, considering I divorced a cheating husband I am stuck in an office (with a really good job) with someone that glorifies her cheating with this old married guy and listening to her excuses for why it's okay and so on and so on. How can I let my boss know that, that is a sensitive issue for me and I don't want to hear about the hotels they had to sneak off to because it gives me an uncomfortable visual about my ex with someone else with out it making things hard on me even more at the office? Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• That hearing her sex life isnt apart of your job discription and than laugh it off, she will prolly say "yeah ok..." and try to start talking again and be like, really, the LAST thing I want to here is anymore hubby boyfriend drama, Im in the middle of a divorce-and leave it at that.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Wow, you should really tell her exactly how you feel. Tell her you would rather not discuss things like that because of your past experiences. She should not be bragging crap like that to you. How could someone be proud of being pathetic? Anyway just let her know. GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• I feel for you. I worked in an office like that. Even though I was not married and young the antics that went on were really disgusting. But tell her how you feel. I had to address a personal issue and told her how I felt . She never bothered me again with her crazy lustful cheating ways.You are there to work, Not to get an update on her drama.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's hard to know what to do when your job could be at stake, or atleast the atmosphere is but I'd tell her that I can't judge her for what she's done and I don't know the dynamics of his marriage, but I've been the wife at home and it's still too fresh.
    Everytime she starts a conversatiion about it, maybe you could say "excuse me I really need to get to this paperwork, get this fax out, or whatever your job is".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:52 PM on May. 20, 2009

• hmmm I have no problem going to the person causing the conflict and just speaking with them. I always do that before I go to my boss. Sometimes people dont realize what they are doing to someone else. I know I say stupid stuff sometimes not meant to hurt anyone and sometimes it does. What she is doing is not right and not work appropriate conversation. Tell her that is not what you feel needs to be discussed in the work place. That way you do not feel the need to explain yourself and your situation and the point gets across.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 6:52 PM on May. 20, 2009