Birthday party or School's out party?

Ok, so my son comes home yesterday from school with a scrap of paper that has a party invitation hand written on it. The kids are seven so it is kind of hard to read the writing. It says
May 23rd 1pm-3pm Buckley Park
Then lists a phone number and an address in case it rains.
I am not sure if this is his birthday party or a party because its summer. It is this weekend and Thursday is the last day of school here.
I called to RSVP however, had to leave a message. I asked what kind of gifts he would like or what he was not allowed to have and left my number. Hopefully that will clear things up! How do you take it. I am also a little upset that we got only 4 days notice, but my son wanted to go so we are going!

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:33 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i'd be confused too and be concerned what sort of party this will be if the kid is handing out hand written invitations and nothing mentioning gifts or cake or a meal?!? yeah, i'd hope for a phone call back
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 4:58 PM on May. 20, 2009

• id assume bday party
    i woldnt expcet a 7 year old having a schools out party lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:34 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Last year one kid did after Kindergarten. It was a child that my son didn't really get along with so we didn't go, but he got invited. Everyone in that class got invited. He was really nice when he declined, I was impressed.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• oh .. huh lol i never head of that .. i guess id be confused as you are lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:42 PM on May. 20, 2009