I am 15 weeks 1 day. Can my dr tell me the sex of the baby yet...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• possibly-my dr wouldnt give me another ultrasound until i was 20 weeks
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2009

• normally closer to 20 weeks. But maybe?
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• They won't unless you are 18-20 weeks.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would say No, they don't want 2 be wrong...closer to 20 weeks.
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 4:59 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Probably not. I know they can tell between 11 and 14 weeks at the nuchal fold test (based on internal genitalia), but I'm not sure if by 15 weeks (when it's too late to do the nuchal fold) it's too late or not.
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 5:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would say they prolly wont even give you an ultra sound until closer to 20 weeks- most insurance companies will only cover two through out pregnancy unless there is an issue to where it NEEDS to be done-
    At my Apt she tried for like 30 mins to get him to move and show us the money shot- she said it was now or never...
    she did the truffel shuffel and FINALLY Got him to move-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Even if they did tell you, it can't be 100%, so I wouldn't trust it anyway.

My Dr woudln't even look until I was 20wks or later..and since I saw the Dr at 18wks (going every 4wks) I had to wait until I was 22wks, which was totally fine with me, because we knew for sure, we got an awesome picture of his "junk".
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• At my ultrasound at 15 weeks and 5 days they gave it a look, but it wasn't even enough to guess the sex. It's possible, but if they are able to give it a guess I wouldn't go out and start shopping yet, cause it would be so easy to be wrong at 15 weeks.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:36 PM on May. 20, 2009

• They told my sister when she was 14 weeks along. But they told her it looks like a girl but didn't give a definite 100% until she was 18 weeks along, turns out they were right. I was 19 weeks along when they told me.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i was 15w3d when i found out.. yes he can TELL but they wont elect to give you an ultrasound.. i paid for mine out of pocket. and nothing is ever 100% sure just remember that.. i was supposed to be a boy and i popped out a girl.. the whole time my mother was pregnant i was supposed to be one.. but yes the later you go around 18-22 weeks they usually do the triple screen ultrasound or whatever and im sure its easier to see
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 8:13 PM on May. 20, 2009