• In the Spotlight:

cHILD PLAYING WITH POO!!!!

My 3 yr old is in a bad habit that if I jump in the shower, or have to leave her out of eyesight for a few minutes and she poos...... I have to spend three hrs cleaning poo from the tv, all the toys, her younger sister. It is ridiculous! She still isn't that into potty training. Maybe 4 times a week she will use the potty by herself. I am already using the pull ups. What can I do before I lose my mind! I can't leave the little potty chair with her because lil sis will get in it. How do parents do it?

dmdm4444

Asked by dmdm4444 at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You have to be consistent. ALL THE TIME CONSISTENT!! take her to the potty every 20 minutes. She is 3 years old and should be ready to be potty trained by now. My son is 3 and for the past 5 weeks now he has been completely potty trained to the point where I can leave him in reg. underwear all day long and he will come to me and tellme when he has to pee and poop. I did a sticker chart with him. My 18 month old daughter is wanting to do it already.

You should never leave a child out of your sights long enough for her do all of that mess. I would have put her in time out at that point. Never jump into the shower and leave a 3 year old and younger sibling unattended. If anything stick them in the shower with you.

BE CONSISTENT AND FIRM!! DO A STICKER CHART. Also, go to the store and let her pick out her own panties. Let her wear those instead of pull ups. she will get the point that it will go down her leg and get cold.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Quick question....how is her speech?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:11 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Maybe put her in jeans or pants that she cant get into.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:26 PM on May. 20, 2009