Could i have felt it so soon???

K a few weeks ago i was reading that you could feel a baby move very early on. one woman decribed it as if someone swam under you and blew bubbles thats what it felt like inside your belly. Im about 13 weeks and i think i well i kno i felt something very like that. It was more to the left of my belly. Could this really be the baby moving? I feel like its way too soon and my sister thinks it is impossible to feel before 15 weeks. She told me it was my stomach or something, but ive never felt something like that!! when did you feel a movement and do you think its possible??

bridget522

Asked by bridget522 at 5:03 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• people tend to confuse baby movements with gas early on-you say you never felt anything like that but you never have waited everyday for weeks in anticpation of a movement-
    Prolly gas you said you felt it a few weeks ago and your only 13 weeks now- I highly doubt it was the baby- most likely wont feel him or her move like REALLY REALLY move to the point where its NO doubt your baby until close to 20 or more weeks
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:12 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would say it's gas. I felt my son for the first time, just faint flutters, at 16wks.
    It's normal to confuse first movements with gas, especially this early.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I didn't feel anything until I was at 17 weeks. I'm at 30 now and forget what it was like to have my belly sit still!
    anerd05

Answer by anerd05 at 5:35 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's gas, Hun.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:47 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i felt my baby move at 14 weeks but i was very small at that time i was 113 lbs so yea its possible
    hannahmoss

Answer by hannahmoss at 7:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i felt my baby at 13 weeks... =) i say its possible =) i thought it kinda felt like gas...
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 11:38 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I felt my first baby move at 15 weeks. And she kicked my hand to where I could feel it from the outside at 17 weeks. And I am not a skinny girl. So I would say its deffinatly possible. Even though the doctors might not think so... they didn't believe that I had already felt her. But it was her for sure!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:41 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Well, nobody can really tell you the answer to this question because we JUST DON'T KNOW.

However, I was VERY thin when I was pregnant with my first and I thought I felt him move at 14 weeks. So I don't doubt it, but again, we have no way of knowing.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:40 AM on May. 21, 2009