Anybody have a really good homemade potato salad recipe?

I can look it up..duh, just wondering if anyone had a good one to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You probably wouldn't like mine...i like warm, non chunky salad.

I make mashed potatoes(the roasted garlic box kind), then add mustard, mayonnaise, dill pickle relish and vinegar till it tastes how I like it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I make baked potato salad. Its awesome cause you do everything to taste. First you need to baked your potatos. I coat in olive oil salt pepp& garlic pow, while there cooking fry up some bacon.. Then peel cut potato and chop bacon, add mayo, sour cream, chives, salt, pepper, I add garlic power but you don't have to. Add bacon and shredded chedder cheese towards the end MMMMM. Do not use any condiment sparingly except for maybe salt hahaha, but make it creamy. MUST BAKE POTATOS!!! and must USE REAL BACON. None of that bacon bit crap.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 5:16 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I put chopped garlic in mine and garnish with paprika.  My family loves it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:17 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I peel my potatoes then boil till they are soft but not too soft drain, also boil some eggs. chop eggs add to the potatoes Add chopped pickle, onion, pickle juice, miracle whip, mustard. garlic salt. mix Till it's how you like it

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:20 PM on May. 20, 2009

• This is my great great grandmothers.

6 potatoes, pealed, cubed (cube to desired size)
    8 hard boiled eggs,
    3 Tbs Vinegar
    3 Tbs Mustard, I prefer yellow
    1 cup mayo
    1/2 cup of sour cream
    1/2 tsp of celery salt,
    1/2 tsp of salt,
    4 Tbs of chopped onion (optional)

Boil potato cubes (do not over cook or they will fall apart when you mix everything together)
    Boil eggs in water, until hard boiled. Allow to cool so that shells can be removed easily. Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Dice egg whites, and set aside. Mix egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, and salt together. Then mix in mayo. Combine yolk mixture with cooked potatoes, onions (if desired), and cooked egg whites.

This is a very tangy potato salad, you could add more to you if you want, but I really think it stands by itself. I have had friends, and my husband who hates potato salad, say that it is so good. Also if you want it l
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• less tangy then let it sit in the icebox over night. Although I think it is the best when it sits in the fridge for about two hours and then is served.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:25 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My favorite is a VERY simple Spanish potato salad. This is very popular in Spain. Take a 3-5 lb bag of the white skinned potatoes. Scrub them very well, do not peel them. Boil them whole for about 20 minutes or til they just barely get done. Drain them, then slice into 1/4" thick slices. Add in a thinly sliced white or red onion. Toss with 1/3 cup white wine vinegar, then toss with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least an hour til its really cold. It's very very yummy and because there is no mayo in it and the olive oil is heart healthy, its actually a fairly healthy potato salad too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Here is a link to a question I asked some time back:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/27777/How_do_YOU_make_potato_salad

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Texas Country Potato Salad:
    4 strips bacon
    1lb small red potatoes
    1 green onion
    1 boiled egg, chopped
    1/4 cup mayo
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    cook bacon until crispy, drain, reserving a few tbs of grease, set aside
    place potatoes in large saucepan . Cover with cold water. Add a TBS of bacon grease and some salt and place over medium high heat. bring to boil and cook until tender, 15-20 min. Drain and then cut in bite size pieces. In separate bowl, combine mayo mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Toss potatoes, onion and egg in dressing. Add bacon. serve chilled

luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I do 2 different recipes. One has more ingredients and takes more time to do all the cutting prep. The other is SO simple and really is my favorite out of the 2. I'll give ya both though.

Potato salad

10-15 potatoes ( boiled until fork tender)
    1-2 onions
    ½ celery bunch
    Pinch of celery seed
    ½ cup may
    1 tsp. horseradish
    Mustard to taste
    Sweet pickles chopped up (5 or so)
    Lawry’s seasoning salt
    Dash papirika
    Dash curry
    Salt pepper

Top with 7 or more bacon slices cut up and sprinkled on top

(cont)
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2009