would this be weird?

I was thinking of just goin to the justice of the peace and getting married. Just for the legal crap like insurance and stuff, we have a 9 month old toghter and have been living together for over a year- dating for 3yrs. Then if we feel like it have like a wedding kind of thing a few years from now, since we don't really have the money now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Not wierd at all. Congrats :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Why would that be weird? People do it all the time.

I would just say that I hope it's not just SOLELY for the "legal stuff". I'm sure it's not, but just want to reinterate the real reason for marriage---LOVE!

CONGRATS! Hope all works out well! =]]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:21 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Not weird.
    Anonymous

• Good for you, make it legal for you and your child! Marriage is about all the days that follow, not the wedding day!
    haston

Answer by haston at 5:21 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I hate weddings, I would do the same thing.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 5:21 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We did the same that. When children weren't even a thought yet. We just wanted to be married we didn't need a horse and pony show.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 5:22 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Do it. If you feel it, you know it is time. Congrats.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:23 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It sounds like a great idea. Congratulations!

Answer by Bmat at 5:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Go for it! me and my SO got married in a court house and were going to have a wedding later when we have money for it. It might be 5 years from now but oh well im ok with that =) Congrats!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Not at all. DH and I did a civil ceremony (after having our first son and basically just getting hitched for the benefits...LOL) and we plan on doing a "wedding reception" for our 5 yr anniversary.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:38 PM on May. 20, 2009