Feeding with thicker liquids

So, I got her formula changed to day to Similac RS. It doesn't flow through the nipples. I have a few nipples for thicker liquid however...She is still so young that she doesn't quite know how to pace herself so she sucks it down. It takes her like 2 gulps and she will have already drank an ounce. I pull it away at that point to burp her and of course she goes nuts. Anyways, anyone have any advice on how to get her to slow down or has anyone used the RS and come across the same problem??

KStrasburg

Asked by KStrasburg at 5:28 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi sweetie....I used the Enfamil AR.....basically it's rice protein put in the formula so it will stay down. Pretty sure we are talking about the same thing. There are bottles made my Avent that have small SLITS in them and they are ESPECIALLY FOR thicker formula. That's what I used. Also, when both my daughters were 8 weeks.....might have been sooner for my youngest I used to put gerber rice cereal in their bottles....and I made it like porridge..then slit the nipple open and they GULPED it down......my oldest...who is 3 could down a THIICK bottle in less than 5min. I'm all for it....GOOD LUCK if you have any other questions feel free!
    2princesses1mom

Answer by 2princesses1mom at 7:55 PM on May. 20, 2009