What would be your reaction to this statement??

"God hates me", in reaction to the Diet Pepsi being out of syrup at work??! WTF? Really- god has time to mess with the soda dispenser just to make sure you don't get your cancer causer immediately??! I did not even know what to say (being an atheist I thought she was being rather silly, and melodramatic...)

mtnmama111

Asked by mtnmama111 at 5:41 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well some seem to think he has time to help some people win grammys or football games . . .
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would say God does not hate anyone. And would have nothing to do with pepsi problems
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:45 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Some people just want to blame God for everything that goes wrong in their life. It's their way of letting out without feeling themselves like they're to blame (or whoever was out of syrup). It's a sad way to live, but some people do. I'd probably just shake my head, and walk away.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 5:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Haha, I'm an agnostic atheist and I say that all the time. It's just an expression to me, nothing more.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:47 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I agree with avpriddis.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:54 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Are you sure she was being serious? I say that all the time as a joke :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:55 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Unfortunately, she was serious. She repeated it several times. Are you guys serious- you call on god- even as atheists?? I get mad at myself when I curse with it...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 6:02 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I don't say this, but it sounds like the same as when I say "Christmas is RUINED!" in a really melodramatic way. (I say it year round... it makes the spilled soup easier to deal with. LOL)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:10 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Wow, if she was serious, it could be that she uses God as symbolic of life/the Universe/luck/whatever... clearly she feels that she is the victim of forces outside herself. That's got to be a hard way to live.

It's one reason I like Law of Attraction: 100% accountability and personal responsibility. ;-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:13 PM on May. 20, 2009

• That is funny. I am sure she was joking.

Diet sodas are quite addictive and she is probably going through withdrawls, LOL.

I love how you called it a "cancer causer"!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:20 PM on May. 20, 2009