Does anyone know if the online programs at Weber State University any good?

I just graduated with my Associate of Applied Sciences in Medical Laboratory Technology and really want to get my Bachelor degree in Clinical Lab Sciences, which Weber State offers totally online; classes are done on the Internet, and the lab portions are done in the laboratory in which you work with a very experienced Medical Technologist or Clinical Lab Scientist as your mentor. The really good CLS distance-learning programs in my state are all the way in Galveston, and I live in San Antonio. No way! I don't feel like hearing my hubby's pissing and moaning when I have to go in for lab practicals once a month!

(Thanks for listening. Anyone here who answers

fabulousk

Asked by fabulousk at 5:51 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• If this is a for-profit school (like CTU, etc.), then run away; the for profit schools exist (by law) to make money for their owners/shareholders, not educate. If it is part of a state university system, then you should be able to get a quality education. The best way to judge this is to call potential employers, schedule an informational interview about your chosen field, and ask their opinion of the program.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I was trying to say at the end that anyone here who answers something like "Gee, I wish I knew", thanks, but you're NOT helping! You just wasted some keystrokes there. Seriously, that's like, 1 or 2 minutes you'll never get back.
    fabulousk

Answer by fabulousk at 6:50 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Is this weber state in utah? If so it is a fully accridated university my dh teaches for them at an off site locaion
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 7:30 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Yeah. It is. I was doing a search on online Clinical Lab Science programs and this looked like a pretty good one, since it's already a traditional college. I'm just wondering if anyone has done the online programs there or know a great deal about them so I can consider doing it.
    fabulousk

Answer by fabulousk at 7:33 PM on May. 20, 2009