HELP!!! I am going crazy trying to keep up!!!

I now have 2 kids, a 3 yr. old boy with screaming temper tantrums, and a 10 month old baby girl. No matter how hard I try, I can't keep up. With one, it was not so bad, but with two, it is impossible. I can barely keep up with the dishes and laundry, and the rest of the house is dirty. My husband even does all the cooking and putting the kids to bed and bathing the kids. I try to fit in a story or two to the kids, about every other night. I also have a dog with kidney disease and dental problems that I have to give meds. and brush his teeth every night. I also apply hairloss products to my hubby every night. I still only get a shower every 4 days(very disgusting). I have a hard time getting to the grocery store, so we end up eating fast food in the car (bad for us and wastes money big time). I think I'm going crazy. I never even watch TV either. I have 2 hours per day to do at home online business. Any ideas?

CamilleMomma

Asked by CamilleMomma at 5:51 PM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• i have to say i believe that time management is the key, it takes trial and error to figure out. be patient and talk to your hubby about how your feeling, maybe you can work out something together
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:02 PM on May. 20, 2009

• The above person was very rude in answering the question, and definitely has daycare if she works 40 hours a week.
    Anonymous

• Time management, definitely. Sit down with your husband and make a schedule. Your 3 year old can play by himself for a while when your 10 month old is sleeping so you can take care of some household chores. Take a shower as soon as your husband gets home from work, or before he leaves. Or when the kids go to sleep.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I feel for you.... have you tried putting together a schedule? At 3 and 10 months ( I have similar ages) I would get them in the bedroom together with me, close the door and give them some toys. Take a shower then.

Have you thought about a slow cooker for dinner?
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:32 PM on May. 20, 2009

• And during the week, if it's just too hard to do dinner, think about veggie chicken nuggets. They are frozen food, easy and healthier than regular.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:33 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm home with my 3 kids too and find things to be too much a lot of the time. If you've posted this several times I'm sure it's because you're still struggling and looking for support or a place to vent. Ignore the first anon poster, she's not supportive. For some women it comes easier than other's. I have a friend who is really struggling with things at home right now too. She now pays me to come in a couple hours a week to clean her house for her. I also wentt over last night to help her get her daycare organized. She has so much stuff and ideas and no idea how to organize them.
    Ask someone to come to your place and help you get things straightened around. DH can take the kids and keep them busy while you get things done. Having someone helping you will motivate you and keep you on track. Declutter, clutter makes things seem impossible! I mean to declutter everything, clothes, toys, books everything.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:07 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Once you have less things it will seem more managable to do everyday house hold chores. Do laundry every day, just one load and it will not seem so bad.
    If time management is something you're struggling with, it seem's to be from what you've written then maybe you should stop working from home for a while. Take it back on once you are feeling more capable.
    Best of luck to you, have a great sleep and tackle tomorrow with your best effort!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:10 PM on May. 20, 2009

• You need structure in your life. Your older ones need to start getting used to a regular schedule. It would be great if you could find a couple of other stay-at-home-moms to trade a few hours of child care with you evey week. You also might benefit from having a high school or college student come to your house for a few hours a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:15 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Have that sick old dog put down. It's not doing anyone any good.
    Anonymous

• sorry about your dog, i know how hard it is. my mom has an old dog too, who is way past due for doggie heaven. you should try to make a schedule and a budget. make charts with poster board and markers if you must.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:25 PM on May. 20, 2009