Do you "take the lord's name in vain"?

I do. I mean, I'm not religious, so they're just expressions to me. But I do know a few religious people who won't say "Oh my God!" or "Jesus Christ!".

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:03 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Occasionally if I get really upset about something one of those will slip out. I don't tend to swear in general, but I am religious and that's something I take extra care to try not to do.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 6:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No, as a Christian, to me that would be blasphemous. Not saying everyone who does is,but for my belief system it is.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:04 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I used to. I would feel so bad about it.

The Bible says to not take the Lord's name in vain.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 6:05 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I do more than I should for sure. It is something I am working on. My worst though is "Christ Almighty." I say it a lot when I am frustrated with someone at work.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:06 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i don't. even when i wasn't a Christian I didn't use the Lord's name in vain... I cussed like a sailor but God's name and Jesus were left out.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:14 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Never ever. I will not use His name in vain.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 6:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think I am like you cait..it pisses my mom and my husband off wicked bad. I find myself saying "Jesus H Christ" all the time and stuff like that.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 6:24 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Frequently, especially during sex.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Actually, when I say "Jesus Christ" when I am frustrated, I mean it as I am calling out for strength to help me with the frustration. If that is taking his name in vain, then I am completely guilty.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 6:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• laughing

Frequently, especially during sex.  

Know what you mean....LMAO....

I don't as much as my dh does... and he's Christian and I am not... they just don't appeal to me to use often... now other no no words I am natorous for using...LOL...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:35 PM on May. 20, 2009